The Five Star Award was created to recognize those schools/groups/clubs around Ohio who support all of the current OASL programs. Without students attending our events and without advisors actively involved in our programs, we could not survive. The Five Star Award recognizes a commitment to student leadership development through consistent involvement in OASL.
"Stars" are awarded for attendance and involvement at OASL programs. There are six opportunities for a school to be awarded a star. In order to qualify, a school must earn five stars. Note well, of the five stars earned, one must be for membership. It is also mandatory that all Five Star Award recipients be represented at the Annual State Conference of OASL. Councils that qualify for a Five Star Council Award must submit the on-line application by March 4, 2022. The application will be verified by the OASL Office, and special certificates will be awarded at the Annual State Conference.
Ways to Earn Stars:
- Summer Leadership Workshop - 1 student attended
- Fall Retreat - 1 student attended
- Leadership at the Point - 1 student attended
- State Representative Candidate - 1 student from you school participates
- State Conference Attendance - at least 3 students participate
- State Conference Shoe Box Parade - display a "float" in this event during State Conference